While installing McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise software, many users have failed to start a McAfee in the Error code 1920 error. This is a type of error code that happens in the registry section of the device which is at the wrong location for the Mcafee background service, that the Mcafee antivirus support team experts have discovered without much of a hassle.
This problem has also been improved by McAfee Antivirus software working with later versions of Virus Scan Enterprise. Until all the trusted users of McAfee are able to update the antivirus software, they can fix this error code 1920 by displaying the exact location of the Mcafee background service by simple and easy modification of the process of Windows registry.
You may see some multiple different error messages with error code 1920 on your PC or laptop, which are as follows:-
- Error code 1920 service McAfee Framework failed to start and to verify.
- McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8m install error code 1920.
- The error code 1923 service McAfee task manager could not be successfully installed.
- Error code 1920 service McAfee task manager failed to start.
- Error code 1920 McAfee framework service failed to start.
All messages above may appear during the installation process of McAfee Antivirus software. If the service of McAfee validity trust security has been completely disabled, then install error code 1920 may occur. If the given method does not work for you in any way, you can try to fix the McAfee error code 1920 for further help, you can contact McAfee Antivirus customer Support available on our website for further help.
Causes of Error code 1920:-
- Incomplete installation or Malicious download of McAfee antivirus software program. Replace corruption in the Windows registry that may be uninstalled or installed from recent McAfee antivirus related software program.
- Windows system files or McAfee antivirus related software program files have been corrupted due to malware or harmful virus transit.
- Other software programs deleted McAfee antivirus related data and files maliciously or by mistake.
- Runtime errors such as Error code 1920 can be caused by various multiple reasons, so we require to troubleshoot it to prevent the re-occurrence of every possible cause of the error.
Steps to easily fix McAfee Antivirus Error Code 1920:-
There are a various number of different methods available for you to overcome the McAfee Activation Error code 1920. In the following steps, you can easily get some good help in troubleshooting the McAfee activation error code 1920. Just follow these steps carefully and get rid of the error permanently.
Method 1 – Run and Install McAfee Virtual Technician Tool.
- Firstly, visit McAfee.com/Activate and search for Repair and Troubleshoot option.
- Click on the button of Download to start downloading the setup.
- Once the downloading is complete, run the setup by double-clicking on the file called mvt.exe in your downloads folder located in the PC.
- Now, click on Yes to allow the software program to make changes in your system.
- Then, follow the instructions that are on screen.
- Scanning will start automatically once the installation is finished.
- Now, click on the OK button.
- Click on Autofix option and follow the instructions given on screen.
- If MVT does not find any issues then restart your PC and try to install the updates once again.
- If your issue has not been resolved by MVT then kindly visit McAfee.com/Activate for further help.
Method 2: Reinstall and Uninstall McAfee Software Program.
In order to uninstall McAfee software program from your computer, follow the below mentioned steps:-
- Click on the Start button and then open Control Panel in your PC or laptop.
- After opening Control Panel in your computer select the view to be Category View.
- Now, select the McAfee software program under the menu of Program to uninstall the program completely.
- Right click on the McAfee software program and then click on Uninstall option.
- After that, click on Yes button when the confirmation box prompted on your window screen.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstallation of McAfee software program is finished.
Once your system has completely uninstalled the McAfee software product then try reinstalling it. For this point onwards, close all the other running applications. Also, check for the updates of your system.
Robert Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee products atmcafee.com/activate .